- Must be 21 to attend
- For Will Call times and door-hours, check the schedule on the website and/or program. This is listed two weeks out.
- Dinah Passes/Badges and wristbands must be worn at all times
- Wristbands are void if tampered or removed
- Valid photo ID required at all times
- No nudity allowed at any events
- Entertainment Line Up and Performance times subject to change (Check Website)
- Street Parking available for free 24/7 (make sure to check street signs)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Do I have to be vaccinated to attend? You do not. The CDC and the state have lifted all restrictions. BUT we would appreciate it if you would take a home test to make sure you are good to go.
- Is The Dinah expensive? Considering the level of event production, which is unparalleled in our community, we think it’s a great deal, especially if you purchase the Festival Pass. If you purchase a Festival Pass early on, the cost of each individual event is considerably less than if you purchased it at the door. Many events are free with the purchase of the early bird Festival Pass. If you attend only three main events you’ve paid for the cost of the entire pass which includes seven events, so in effect all other events are free. We encourage early sales so that you may purchase the event at the best possible price. We will remind you of this repeatedly, so get on our mailing list! We do our best to keep our prices down without skimping on production and talent. We also sell individual event tickets so that if you are on a budget you can still come for the day or a single event.
- Who comes to The Dinah? Is it just for cis women? No! It’s for all female identified womxn, which we will refer to throughout our reading material as womxn, and their supportive friends, of course. We promote an inclusive, empowering environment for all womxn but we also realize we have supportive allies in respectful trans and cis men, so as long as your idea is to empower and respect all things female identified, everyone is welcome but the event is primarily designed to empower and celebrate womxn.
- I heard this is just a wild party. Is that true? NOPE! Sure, it’s a rather large celebration and that can look like a wild party at times, but The Dinah is so much more. If you like the idea of being around womxn from all over the world, who are celebrating their lives out loud and creating community, unity and absolute joy then The Dinah is for you. It’s a very powerful event. Attendees leave it feeling changed, inspired that we can get along, that our differences are the smallest part of who we are, and that when we allow ourselves to, we recognize that we are all one, despite external differences that do not matter in the scheme of things. Do come join us. Celebrate our power as womxn and join in the celebration and the freedom to be just who you are, as you are!
- What’s the age average? Can my mom come too? The Dinah is attended by womxn of all ages. There’s something to do for everyone. We love that young queer womxn are mingling with their more mature counterparts. If you are younger, reach out to someone older and vise versa. This event is about a unique celebration of all of us, no matter our age, ethnicity, size, economic status, et al. The Dinah is about personal freedom and expression, so go for it! And yes, womxn have brought their Mom’s and they both had a blast! The Dinah is inspiring and empowering for all womxn and their friends,
- Where is The Dinah? Club Skirts Dinah Shore Weekend – the original Dinah Shore Weekend – is always and only held in Palm Springs, CA.
- How old do I have to be to attend? 21 and over
- If my girlfriend is turning 21 at the Dinah, can she come? Yes, but she’ll only be able to get into the parties beginning the day of her birthday.
- Do you produce other Dinah events? MT Productions, inc, dba Club Skirts, dba The Dinah, has been producing the world famous Dinah Shore Weekend for 31 years, only in Palm Springs. At this time, we don’t have plans to produce any other Dinah events in other locations. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and the greatest sign of success. We take it as a compliment that we are always imitated but as the saying goes, and experience has proven, we are never duplicated! If you want The Dinah experience you’ve been reading and hearing about for three decades, you’ll find only with us, and only in Palm Springs.
- Is The Dinah a golf tournament? The Dinah is not a golf tournament; and due to Covid rescheduling no longer takes place at the same time as the LPGA ANA Inspiration golf tournament.
- Can I go to the Dinah alone? How easy is it to meet people? Yes! Many womxn come by themselves and end up leaving having made lots of new friends and some have even found their dream girl.
- Can my guy friends attend with me? The Dinah is open to all womxn and their friends, including men, but we do center the event around the celebration of all womxn and work to keep the balance predominantly female identified. Please rethink bringing your male friends unless you’re confident they are going to meld into the womxn centric atmosphere. The Dinah is primarily about womxn feeling seen, heard and safe.
- Are transgender folks welcome to attend? Absolutely! And while we look forward to the day when you shouldn’t have to even ask, we are still often asked this question and so we want to be very clear.
- Do you allow dogs? We do not allow dogs at our events, but the hotels we offer may allow dogs in the rooms. We suggest you contact them directly. See our website for a list of official hotels.
- Can I bring my kid & my nanny? You can, but they cannot be allowed into any events, including the lesbian pool party Palm Springs. But if you wanted to book a hotel room for them, that would be fine. There are so many things to do in the Palm Springs area for children of all ages. Check with your hotel concierge for more information.
- Do you sell out? We sell out of some events. To avoid that, and to save money, purchase your tickets now by clicking our Dinah ticket link! Tickets are always less expensive in advance. Waiting until the event to purchase does not guarantee admittance but it does guarantee you will pay the highest price. We do make announcements when we are close to a sell-out, so join our fan page on Facebook and/Instagram add your email addy to our newsletter form to be the first to know!
- Are there a lot of international womxn attending? Womxn from all over the world come to The Dinah. There’s always an opportunity to practice what you learned in that French or Russian class you took; or better yet, pick any foreign language and start learning now. The Dinah is international, indeed! In the time of Covid, international travel may be restricted so please always refer to our nation’s official travel restrictions.
- Where can I look for updates and information about Dinah? You can stay connected with us by checking our website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram.
- Where do I stay? We recommend staying at any of the official hotels listed on our website. It’s the only way we can guarantee not only the best rate available, but you’ll have an excellent experience because you’ll be staying at a hotel that appreciates our group. We have input into the level of customer service you will experience. That said, if you want to be in the heart of the action, stay at a main hotel that is hosting lesbian pool parties in Palm Springs. If you want a somewhat quieter experience, stay at one of our overflow hotels. All of our hotels sell out, so please book early. However, there are penalties for canceling once you book, so please only book if you are sure you are going.
- How early can I book my trip & reserve my hotel room? Booking typically starts two months after the prior event has ended. Check our website, newsletter and social media pages for updates.
- Do you provide room shares? How would I connect with other Dinah attendees ahead of time to work out a roommate arrangement? We do not provide rooms shares, but you can post a message on our Facebook page if you are looking and we will allow the post to remain up.
- Are there group discounts? We encourage groups to order early to capture our best savings. We do not offer individual, Government service or group discounts but rather early bird discounts so that we can reach everyone who wishes to receive a discount.
- If I have a special Hotel Honors rate, does it apply? Special Hotel Honor rates do not apply during The Dinah.
- Do you give travel agents commission? Yes, please contact us directly.
- If all the hotels are sold out, what do I do? We are constantly monitoring the hotel situation and add new hotels when needed so please check our website often. You can also call each hotel we have listed as availability changes day to day.
FLIGHTS AND TRANSPORTATION
- How do I get to The Dinah? Palm Springs airport (PSP) is the most convenient to fly into, but it is also the most pricey. The next closest airport is Ontario, which is about 70 minutes away from downtown Palm Springs. After that, you have Long Beach and John Wayne airports, at about 90 minutes away. Palm Springs is located about 1.5 – 2 hours from Los Angeles (LAX), which has the best airfares. If you fly into LAX, you can rent a car or take a bus to Palm Springs. It’s best to use our rental car sponsor, Enterprise, as they will match or beat any rate. Of course there’s always the option of car-pooling if you have friends heading to the Dinah too.
- Do you pick up at the airport? We do not offer airport transfers unless you are in our Premium Package program.
- Are there shuttles services? Shuttle services may be available through our official hotels. Please check with them directly.
- Do you supply airline tickets? We do not offer packages that include airfare.
- Where do I park if I am not staying at the host hotel? There’s plenty of street parking around the hotels where our pool parties take place. Make sure to always read the street signs to avoid a ticket or getting towed.
- What else can I do in Palm Springs while attending the Dinah?Palm Springs offers a variety of amazing activities to do. We recommend you visit the Visit Gay Palm Springs website for a list of places to visit and things to do around the city.
- Are there restaurants nearby? Our host hotels are located in or around Palm Springs where you’ll find a variety of restaurants, all either in walking distance or a short drive away. Also, the food at the Margaritaville is pretty darn good!
EVENT TICKETS / PACKAGES / WRISTBANDS
- When should I buy tickets? Ticket/Pass prices are lowest when you purchase early and buy the Festival Pass. Prices gradually go up as we get closer to the event, so we recommend you purchase as early as possible. If you wait and purchase at the event, you’ll pay full price. Tickets are non-refundable, though so please only order when you are sure you are attending.
- Do you take credit cards? Yes. And each hotel has an ATM.
- What kind of package deal can I purchase? What does it give me access to? You can purchase our Premium Package. Please see details on the website.
- Upon arrival where do I pick up my pass and check in? You can retrieve your Dinah Pass/Wristband at Will Call. Locations and hours will be posted online prior to the event and emailed to all guests who have purchased passes/tickets. You MUST present the See Tickets confirmation with barcode to retrieve your wristband.
- I purchased tickets/passes through the Dinah website, will I get an email confirmation? Yes, you will immediately receive an email. If you didn’t, it’s likely your order did not go through, so please contact us so we can double check for you.
- Do I need a copy of my email confirmation to pick up my tickets/passes? Yes, you will need to present it at will call to retrieve your tickets.
- Are food & drinks included in these packages? Food and drinks are not included in any Dinah packages. However, food and drinks will be available onsite for purchase.
- My friend decided to come at the last minute; can she purchase tickets at the door? Yes, they can buy tickets at the door. There is a cashier available at every event.
- I purchased in advance, but now I have an emergency and can’t go. Can I get a refund? If not, can I transfer my ticket to a friend? Unfortunately, tickets are non-refundable but can be transferred to a friend or applied to a future year.
- Can I slide off my wristband and give it to a friend? No, you can not. This will result in the forfeiture of your wristband. If your wristband appears to be loose enough to slide off of your wrist, or if the ends are not the same size and it appears you have tampered with the bracelet in any way, you will not be allowed access to any Dinah event and will have to repurchase a wristband to gain entry.
- Will I be able to leave and return to the event? Some events have no re-admittance so to be safe, plan on no ins and outs.
- If I accidentally damage my wristband, can I get a new one? Contact a manager at any will call or ticket sales outlet on site immediately. No damaged wristbands are replaced if lost or stolen but we’ll evaluate on an individual case basis.
DURING THE DINAH
- Do I need to show my ID to get into each event (Pool parties/Night parties)? Yes, a valid photo ID has to be presented at each event. That’s the law.
- Is there a Lost & Found? Yes, each venue has a lost and found. If the event took place at a hotel, lost items can be retrieved at the front desk of the hotel. If you lost something at Chill Bar or Reforma Nightclub please contact them directly.
- Is smoking allowed? Smoking is only permitted in designated areas. Check for designated signs. Dinah recommendation? Preserve your health and quit!
- Where can I find an ATM machine to withdraw some cash? We list all ATM locations in our program book.
- Can I pass out flyers inside/outside the event? Any promotional material has to be approved prior to the event. This is strictly enforced, so please make sure you contact us ahead of time for clearance. You will only be cleared if you are a sponsor or a club partner.
- Can I get food and drinks inside the event? Drinks are available at every event. You can also order food at our pool events.
- Can I bring my own drinks? Sorry, but current ABC laws, as well as our venues, prohibit bringing in any alcohol other than what is purchased at each individual venue.
- Are there accessible power plugs to recharge computers and cell phones? Yes, power plugs are available in the lobby of the hotels.
- Are the cabanas at the pool accessible on a first come first serve basis, or do you have to reserve them? Cabanas have to be reserved ahead of time and are offered first to our Premium Package Holders, then our Premium ticket holders, then the general public. You can purchase them online on The Dinah’s website provided they are available for sale. Each year is different. 2023 looks like few cabanas will be available.
- I want to buy a Dinah hat or t-shirt to show everyone I was here! Where do you sell it? There’s a Dinah booth at every pool party where you can find all kinds of Dinah stuff and indulge in a shopping spree!
STAY CONNECTED AT THE DINAH
- While at The Dinah, how do I find out about the activities for the day?We provide a detailed online program that outlines all the events, locations, times and prices. Get on our mailing list!
- Where can I find the photos taken by the Dinah photographers after the event? All pictures will be posted on our website, blog, and Facebook page. They do take a while to sort through so please be patient.
It is so not cool to fake or exaggerate a disability to gain access to disability accommodations. We are a small company with limited resources and need to utilize our resources to help those who legitimately require assistance.
Each venue has ADA parking. Please contact the hotel 30 days ahead of time to see if they can reserve you a space as ADA parking is limited.
We encourage patrons with mobility disabilities to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Crutches, walkers and canes are also permitted. Please note that we will not be renting assisted mobility devices onsite.
The Venue is navigable for people with mobility disabilities. Please be advised that the venue’s terrain is partially grass. VIP areas are accessible. Guests will need to traverse throughout the festival grounds between stages independently or with the assistance of a companion as the festival does not provide transportation between stages.
Our venues provide limited ADA parking. Please email the venue at least 30 days in advance to let them know you will need ADA parking so your spot can be reserved. Please write us at email@example.com at least 30 days in advance if you have trouble reaching the hotel so we may help to reasonably accommodate you. To utilize ADA Parking, you must have:
- Disabled Person Parking placard, permit or license plate.
- DMV-issued documentation that accompanies the Disabled Person Parking placard, permit or license, and corresponding ID.
- Documentation will be verified.
It is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required credentials or to fraudulently use credentials in order to gain access to Accessible Parking.
Reasonable Accommodations Viewing Areas
Elevated platforms for ADA attendees and their 1 companion are available at the main evening events Friday and Saturday at Margaritaville for those who may need to see above the crowd for our performances. If you have more than one companion, they will need to purchase a premium pass in order for them to view the performances with you. You must write us at firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of 30 days in advance to gain access to these areas.
- Companions may be asked to stand in the back of the viewing area if capacity is reached.
- Viewing Areas are non-smoking
- Attendees are not allowed to save spots.
- Do not block the view of the guests behind you
- All seating is first come, first served.
- American Sign Language interpreters will be available for select performances upon request.
Requests for these services must be emailed to us at least 30 days prior to the event to allow for preparation. To submit a request, please write is us at email@example.com.
The deadline receive ADA requests is July August 20th, 2023.
All concessions are accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required, please confer with a hotel and or Dinah staff member.
A designated medical site staffed by trained personnel are located at the pool parties and the main weekend night events to manage any medical issues. Check the Festival Maps for locations.
All prescription medications must be in the original manufacturer container with your name on it, which matches your government-issued photo ID. Please only bring a sufficient amount of medication for the duration of the event.
Additional Service Requests
The Dinah will consider any request by an attendee with a disability for reasonable modification of its policies, practices or procedures. We encourage you to make any such request as far in advance as possible, but a minimum of 30 days to enhance our ability to evaluate and fulfill the request.
In continually trying to make our festival more accessible, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about ADA policies or our services, please reach out to us.
Please note that it may take up to three business days (weekends not included) to receive a response. During the week of the event, you can expect a response within 24 hours. If you are already onsite at the event and require assistance, please visit any of our staff onsite to receive direct assistance.
We welcome and encourage any feedback and suggestions from our attendees. Please email us at email@example.com. We will do our best to help you have an unforgettable experience.
BE PART OF THE DINAH TEAM
- How do I join the Dinah team? We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated people like you to join our team! You must have music festival experience. We are specifically looking for an assistant Production Manager. Learn how to join the Team Dinah here.
- I want to sell my goods at The Dinah! How do I become a vendor? All vendors must be approved. The first step in the process is to complete this Dinah Vendor Application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once approved, you will be sent instructions outlining how to make payment for the vendor spot.
Anything we missed? Fill out the contact form under Contact Us and let us know